Frequently Asked Questions about Books
- Why only two levels?
Two levels are generally enough for all books, three levels would
lead to poorly structured documents. Book module is designed for
creation of short multipage study materials. It is usually better to
use PDF format for longer documents. The easiest way to create PDFs are
virtual printers (see
- Can students edit books?
- Only teachers can create and edit books. There are no plans to implement student editing for books, but somebody may create something similar for students (Portfolio?). The main reason is to keep Book module as simple as possible.
- How do I search the books?
- At present there is only one way, use browser's search capability in print page. Global searching is now possible only in Moodle forums. It would be nice to have global searching for all resources including books, any volunteers?
- My titles do not fit on one line.
- Either rephrase your titles or ask your site admin to change TOC width. It is defined globally for all books in module configuration page.